Friday, June 17, 2005

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

That's actually the name of the band. If you haven't heard anything about them yet - now you have. And I'm not posting that photo of them tangled up in the lights here. They're from Brooklyn, and they haven't released a real debut, but have a self-release that's been circulating for a few months. They're sittin on something huge - I highly suggest you check them out. I fucking love it. Do they sound like the Talking Heads to you? Everyone on the planet it comparing singer Alec Ounsworth to David Byrne. Not that I don't agree, but I know I'm going to get sick of hearing about it, just like I'm sick of hearing how Interpol sounds just like Joy Division. I'm over them anyway.

Here are a couple links for you:

Official Website

Pitchfork Track Review with mp3

Gothamist Interview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home